At Norman Primary School, we believe that it is essential to develop strong partnerships with home if our children are to achieve their full potential. Parents and schools working as partners can only increase pupil achievement and help to develop positive attitudes about self and school.
We aim to:
- Be a welcoming and friendly school for parents/carers and visitors.
- Establish a mutually supportive and respectful relationship with all of our parents where trust and clear communication is at the heart of all we do.
- Keep parents informed and involved in a positive way, through working in partnership together in order to help every pupil achieve their full potential socially, emotionally and academically.
- Respond swiftly and efficiently to the needs of parent callers and visitors.
- Provide timely and relevant information for parents through the use of Dojo, our text messaging service, the email distribution of letters and newsletters and the school website.
- Bring pupils’ learning to life for parents via Class Dojo/Tapestry.
The school would like an effective partnership with parents by valuing your help in the following ways:
- Coming to school on time both at the beginning and end of the day
- Getting to know your child’s teacher so that you can share in their achievements and concerns
- Making an appointment if you need to talk at length about your child
- Attending all Parents Meetings
- Reading at home daily with your child and taking an interest in homework
- Reading all letters that your child brings home
- Keeping us informed of any changes to circumstances which may affect your child in school
Our experience and research show that an effective partnership with parents is reflected in a more successful performance by children at school.