It is a parent / carers responsibility to inform the school if their child is unable to attend statutory schooling.
If contact from home is not received to notify of absence, school will endeavour to make first day contact with families to secure information on the absence and code registers accordingly.
School will contact parents via telephone in the first instance and by messaging service where pupils have been marked absent and no message has been received.
- If your child is absent please ring 01366 728241 and leave a message or speak to the office directly
- If you are coming to school with another child or sibling, you can always speak to the office in person to notify them of an absence.
If we have not received communication of absence by 9.15am your child's absence will be marked as 'unauthorised' from school on our register.
- In this case, you will receive a telephone call (on your registered home and / or mobile number) from school to enquire about the absence.
- Where no response is received the unauthorised absence mark will remain on the register and we may conduct a home visit in line with our safeguarding policy. This will be carried out by the headteacher or a safeguarding lead, accompanied by a second member of staff.
- Each day the Headteacher is given a list of children who are absent to support monitoring and working with parents to improve attendance.