We endeavour to ensure the school remains open at all times but occasionally due to poor weather; problems with the building plant or other unforeseen circumstances schools need to close. If the school needs to close we have a system in place which has so far worked well.
- A problem is identified and a decision is made to close the school.
- The school logs into Norfolk County Council schools closure site and lists that the school is closed and the reason is given. Parents can access the NCC Schools Closure Site by clicking on the link to the left of this page.
- A text message or email is sent informing parents of the closure.
- BBC Norfolk list schools that are closed when it is anticipated many schools may close because of bad weather etc.
- The Caretaker will post a closure sign on the school gate.
- In poor weather a message is put onto the school's website home page indicating if the school is closed.
- If a closure is to continue for several days teachers will post learning activities for the children to complete on their class page of the website.