LIttle Norman's joined Norman School in September 2017. It is a delight to welcome our youngest children to join the school. In these pages you can find out more about what the pre-school offers, learn more about early years and discover useful information.
At Little Normans Pre-School We Strive To:
- Effectively prepare the children for the next stage in their education, by learning through play.
- Enhance the development and education of all children – we like to involve parents/carers to create a happy community based group.
- Provide a safe, secure and stimulating environment.
- Work within the statutory framework of the Early Years Foundation Stage, which believes every child deserves the best start in life.
- Support every child so they can fulfil their potential, ensuring equality of opportunity for all the children and families.
We Can Offer Your Child:
- An in depth and specially tailored curriculum developed through the Early Years Foundation Stage framework leading to approved learning outcomes with the support of a personal keyworker.
- The staff are exceptionally trained and qualified and all permanent members of staff have reached a minimum of Level 3 Diploma in Pre-School practice.
- We are committed to providing equal opportunities for all individuals and meeting all children’s requirements including special and additional needs. One member of the team is SENCO (Special Educational Needs Co-ordinator).
- Individual care and attention made possible by the high ratio of adults to children.
- Fun and friendship with children and other adults.
- We have easy access to our very own garden, which includes a mud kitchen, climbing frame, bikes, cars, prams, bubbles! The list is endless! If your children want to play then we will find a way!
We offer a wonderful choice of activities using a vast range of different creative materials and methods including painting, drawing, writing, singing, sticking, collage, mural & mark making, reading and dressing up. Children can use and play with lots of toys, role-play food/shop items, construction and numerical games, books, puzzles, messy play and we often make food, soft dough, crafts and displays.
During every activity we pride ourselves on really encouraging conversation, opening up the world of words and numbers. We discuss not only feelings, opinions and ideas but will also explore how the world around us works so that the children become relaxed, happy, knowledgeable and confident. We have an extraordinary amount of fun whilst being respectful and kind to one another.
Every term we carefully plan our sessions so activities are based around a variety of fun, educational themes. In addition to this we adapt activities daily so that they specifically relate to the likes, needs and challenges of each individual child who is attending that day.