FAQ12: How will we support your child when they are changing schools or class?
- The Trinity Partnership/
- The Norman/
- Our School/
- Special Educational Needs & Disability (SEND)/
- The Norman SEND Guidance/
- FAQ12: How will we support your child when they are changing schools or class?/
How will we support your child when they are leaving this school? OR moving on to another class?
We recognise that transitions can be difficult for a child with SEND and take steps to ensure that any transition is as smooth as possible.
If your child is moving to another school:
- We will contact the school SENCO and ensure he/she knows about any special arrangements or support that need to be made for your child.
- We will make sure that all records about your child are passed on as soon as possible.
When moving classes in school or on appointment of new staff:
- Information will be passed on to the new class teacher in advance and in most cases, a planning meeting will take place with the new teacher. All Personalised Profiles will be shared with the new teacher.
In Year 6:
- The SENDCo will liaise with the High School Transition Manager to discuss the specific needs of your child with the SENDCO of their secondary school, and the specialist session for students with an ASD, as appropriate.
- Where possible your child will visit their new school on more than one occasion and in some cases staff from the new school will visit your child in this school.