FAQ05: How is extra support allocated to children?
- The Trinity Partnership/
- The Norman/
- Our School/
- Special Educational Needs & Disability (SEND)/
- The Norman SEND Guidance/
- FAQ05: How is extra support allocated to children?/
How is extra support allocated to children and how do they move between the different levels?
- The school budget, received from Norfolk LA, includes money for supporting children with SEND. These funds are held by the Methwold Cluster, to support children requiring additional support.
- The Head Teacher decides on the budget for Special Educational Needs and Disabilities in consultation with the school governors, on the basis of needs in the school.
- The Head Teacher and the SENDCo discuss all the information they have about SEND in the school, including:
- the children getting extra support already
- the children needing extra support
- the children who have been identified as not making as much progress as would be expected
- And decide what resources/training and support is needed.
- All resources/training and support are reviewed regularly and changes made as needed.